Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9th

Well hello!

I can't believe it's already the 2nd week of August! All I can say now is THANKFULLY we are on the downward slope of summer! It has been dang hot again this week. We got a little spoiled from the rain and cooler (but more humid) temps we had awhile ago. We have been back to 108-110ish and I'm not enjoying it!

The kids have started their 3rd week of school. So far, so good. They all like their teachers and their classmates (for the most part) are good. It is crazy in the afternoon/evening with homework for all 3 which is due daily rather than weekly (for Savannah and Griffin) plus AR Reading and such. We're starting to get a better routine but it's just such a short amount of time from when they get home (Savannah and Griffin at 3:00, Cassandra at 4:00) and bed (in bed at 7 to read for about an hour and then some TV before lights out). We're getting the groove back though.

Alyssa is doing ok, she had a rough first week with them all gone. She would just ask me "where is everyone? why is our car empty? why is the house empty?" and now she's doing better. We are back to full steam ahead PTO and playdates, etc. She took me to the chiropractor today ;) and then we had lunch with daddy. THOSE moments she is happy not to share, LOL!

Shane is doing better, he had some serious sciatica (spelling?) issues going on and ended up getting physical therapy assigned to him for 3 weeks, 3x a week. He is doing SO much better! It was just awful to see him in the pain he was in 2 weeks ago. I am glad he got to the doc so fast and the PT is wonderful!

Other than that, we are just waiting for birthday rush to hit (Griffin and my dad in Sept) and then Savannah  October 29, a visit from my friend Dee (from Australia) for Halloween, Shane's bday Nov 2nd, trip to San Diego Nov 9-13, Cassandra's bday Nov 20th, Thanksgiving, December.....you don't even want to know. We have 4 bdays plus Shane and I are going to his water conference in Vegas and the holidays...it's gonna get hairy! But it will be wonderful!

PTO is going well and I had my Sunday School teacher's dinner/ meeting and I am all pumped for another year of teaching! Should be fun, we just got the class roster today. We have a lot of new kids in the PreK/K class I teach :) and some of my returning favorites (shhh, don't tell!) I've had Griffin in my class for 3 years so it's weird to not have him now as he moved on to the 1st/2nd grade class.

Well it's late and I'm tuckered out so I hope everyone is well! I'll try to get some pics posted again soon!

XO

No comments: