Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Day of School

Well the first day of school (Wednesday, July 28th) went pretty well! All the kids promptly jumped outta bed the FIRST time I went down to wake them up and everyone was dressed, brushed, beds made, fed and pics had been taken by 7:37 a.m.! I know that rarely happens but on the first day, you take what you can get!

Savannah and Griffin had a good day despite the teary exit from the car when Griffin looked at Cassandra and said "I'm going to miss you today Cassandra" and I looked back to see him full of tears. She gave big huts and watched them go out to the playground.

I got Cassandra to the Middle School and we had about 10 min to kill so we talked about a lot of stuff and off she went. She said she had a great day, her teacher is wonderful and she's right next door to one of our favorite teachers from the elementary school (who switched schools, now teaches 5th grade). Overall, everyone had a super day!

Alyssa did ok, we kept busy. She asked about the kids a lot. I could tell she missed them but we have already started to settle back into our old "mommy and Alyssa" routine. She sure does make a fuss over them all when they get home every day!

SO here are some pics, Alyssa insisted in being included in the "back to school" pics, complete with her own backpack ;)


Some people are more excited than others for pictures ;)

Smiles starting!

Goofballs

Please, I want to go!

Savannah Banana

Cassandra, unimpressed by it all

Typical Griffin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a shout out! :) I just love all your kids. Want to squeeze them all with hugs.