Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On the eve of September!

Happy Tuesday Night!

Things are moving along here :) I can't tell you how thrilled I am that fall is approaching! We were lucky enough to have a few days in the 90's (one day with rain it was 78!) and cooler evenings this past week or so. Sadly, it will be 107 by Friday but let's not worry about that yet!

Today started out with a bang, I got a call from my mom at 7:37 am that my dad had been in a motorcycle accident. She said she was on her way to him, he had called and was "fine" but that she needed to come there. She got there only to be called by the ambulance driver, letting her know they were headed to the ER. Long story short, in a heavy construction area he took his eyes off the road for a minute to look at a car darting off the road and looked back to the car in front at a complete stand still. He threw on his brakes, hit the back of that car, flipped himself over the front of his motorcycle, breaking off the windshield and landing on the car's trunk in front of him. The lady behind him was unable to stop in time and her car hit his Harley. By a miracle or fast flying guardian angels...he only had stitches on his right hand and road rash on his left arm. Nothing broken, nothing internally bleeding. Helmet was on but not a scratch on it. Shane looked at me and said "They rode all the way to Sturgis without a hitch and then 10 min from home this happens" and he is so right. So we are all very lucky to have him with us, all in one piece. Thank you to everyone who called and texted to check on him. Your support and your prayers are so appreciated!

Please also remember to say I love you when people are walking out the door. We all get so busy, so rushed and sometimes mad about ridiculous, meaningless stuff and we don't say it. None of us ever knows what will happen when we step foot out that door so remember to say I love you, even if it is through clenched teeth and a frown. I would hate to ever have to say to myself "I didn't say I love you and now they are gone."

The kids are good, keeping busy, keeping out of trouble! Savannah did a wonderful Greek Mythology Report/project on Helios, the God of the Sun. I will take pics of her with her poster board and report. Her presentation is tomorrow! I know she's going to do great, she was VERY into the whole story/project. I loved seeing her so excited. Griffin is doing well, reading a lot at school, really into his math. He has picked it up rather effortlessly which gives me hope ;) Cassandra is good, she had a slumber party last weekend on Friday night, came home for 2 hours and was off again to an "End of Summer" party at her other friend's house. Then they went to Mimi and Gumpy's house while Shane and I had date night! Busy and fun :)

Sunday School is going great, we have great kids and the activities have been so hilarious so far! I have 2 weeks off as there is no Sunday School on Labor Day and the following week we are going camping back up at Clear Creek. It is 75 there right now and holy hell, those temps better hold!!!!!!!!!

PTO is going great, we just wrapped up our cookie dough fundraiser. It was very successful and very worth all the effort put into it! Our next event is Family Game and Craft night in September.

My Dad's bday is Sept 15th, Griffin's is Sept 24th. I'm not sure yet what my Dad has planned but I know Griffin wants to have a Star Wars theme party. That should be fun!

Well that's about it for now. World of Warcraft calls to me so I am gonna scoot!
XO

2 comments:

Blooming Mama said...

I am so glad your dad is ok! That is so scary! The reminder to say I Love You is a good one - thanks!

my life said...

it's sad that it takes somthing drastic to remind us that life is so fragile and we could loose a loved one any minute!
I am so glad Gumpy is okay!!