Monday, August 23, 2010

August Update!

Helloooo!

I can't believe how hot and humid it has been here! I know those of you not from Arizona will say "but it's always hot there in the summer" and while that is true...we've been very hot and humid which is rare. We are usually a bit cooler (105 or less when it's humid) but we are 109-111 and humid which just about makes you want to lay down and die! We are in a heat advisory for the first part of this week. I hope things subside soon. One the positive note, it IS the end of August so fall is right around the corner!

Things are busy as usual. Right now we all have or had colds. I had mine last week, felt like hammered poo for 3 days and then I'm back on track. Griffin had it last week and still a big gunky in the nose but nothing serious. Cassandra and Alyssa sound the most yucky at this point. Everyone stayed home today because they woke up sounding horrible but have progressively sounded better as the morning has rolled on. I hope that means this is the end of it...I'll have to send them back to school tomorrow :(

Savannah was running for Student Council Co-President. At our elementary school 4th grade students are the acting Prez, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian but 3rd graders can run for Co positions and learn the ropes. So the voting was last week on Thursday and on Friday they announced the winners! I was so excited for Savannah!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if this house can handle two Presidents? !

Cassandra had "Shadow a 5th grader" last week at school. Shane went with her and just did everything with her at school that day. They had a good time and I know Cassandra was thrilled that her Dad came with her! She sure works hard in 5th grade. I'm glad I don't have to go ;)

Griffin is good, his teacher told me last week that he's in the high-reading group in his class. THat made me feel good since he struggled in Kinder. All that reading paid off ;) As did his Title One reading aide at school!

Alyssa is fine other than the cold. She seems to be enjoying PTO more this year since we actually set up some stuff in the room for the kids who come with their moms. We have a little table/chairs/coloring stuff, etc. She takes a backpack of toys and she plays with her friends Ella and Jager so it's like a mini playgroup every week! Whew!

Shane is good, he did Physical Therapy for his hip and is back to normal pretty much. Work is busy and he's still doing the Foster Care Review Board once a month. Other than that he's tired of the heat and ready for winter.

I'm good, got back to riding the exercise bike after months of saying "I need to do this" and now I am. It showed because I lost 2lbs last week at my WW weigh in! I hope I keep up the momentum :) PTO is going great, we had our first meeting last week and had probably 15 or so people show up. That is monumental for a PTO meeting. Everyone seemed interested and supportive so I am hopeful for good things this year! Sunday was the first day of Sunday School and it went GREAT! We have 16 kids in class total. It's going to be busy but they are good, fun kids. I know we won't always have 16 but at least we've got a shot at having at least 5 show up each week by mid year LOL!

I think that's it for here, I'm off to clean. I feel the urge to do so after my toy room purging on Saturday and my start of deep cleaning last week.

I hope you all have a great week!
XO

No comments: