Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Shane did the turkeys this year..he had tried out the brine from an Alton Brown recipe last year after Thanksgiving and we loved it! It was just as delicious this go around too :) My mom, dad, sis and Elijah came over. Shane's Dad and step-Mom did too! Everyone seemed to have a good time, we ate, played Wii, Mike and Nancy took the kids on a long walk (or two) after dinner. We relaxed, Shane got to watch the Cowboys' game (they even won!) and lay in his recliner after a long day cooking.

After everyone went home we zipped up to visit Shane's brother and his wife, family. They do a huge Tgiving feast for 30+ people. She's braver than I am! LOL! We visited with them for a short bit and came back home, passed out in our turkey coma!

Today was busy, we kept with our tradition of decorating the house inside and out for Christmas. Shane does a great job with the outside lights :) I worked for about 6 hours inside decorating everything including the kids' bedrooms, bathrooms, playroom. We still have to put up the "Mamaw Tree" in the playroom but I was just too pooped out to mess around with assembling the tree. I figure it will be nice to do that Saturday or Sunday. The kids played outside and helped Shane a bit with lights, helped me greatly inside too. They are enjoying their days off, for sure.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with those you love :) I can get all mushy I guess, tell you all I'm grateful for. Shane, the kids, my parents, my sister and Elijah, Shane's family, my sister in law..Julie, my friends new and old who love me through thick and thin...who overlook my faults and always compliment my accomplishments. I am thankful for Bo and Lena even though they drive me bonkers most of the time. I'm thankful for my health and the fact I take it more seriously now. I'm thankful that my husband still looks at me the way he does and that he puts up with all my craziness with a smile the majority of the time. I am thankful for our home, even though we pay more than I wish we did..at least we can and we still do. Every corner of this house is "us" because we made it..picked out everything in it and watched it put together board by board. I'll admit, I am thankful for WoW and the friends it has given me. I know..some of you are shaking  your head but it's true.

I am thankful every day I wake up..I'm still here and that in itself is a blessing.

Without further delay..pics from T-giving and most of the new decorations :)

Love to all...


















No comments: