Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary

June 6, 1998 was our wedding day.

Little did I know when we picked the date it was "D Day" in history. At the rehersal two days before the wedding, Shane finally let that tidbit out and I panicked for a moment. I wondered if I picked a cursed date? Thankfully, over the last 12 years we have proved that it was a wonderful date to have.

Shane and I met in August 1991 in Mr. Bushong's class at Gilbert High School. I was a senior, he was a junior. I knew from the first real converstaion we had that he was someone special. We dated from January 1992, got engaged in 1996, married in 1998. We survived seperate college, work, the regular ups and downs. Things that may have made other couples crumble only seemed to bring us closer.

It's not to say we are perfect but we are perfect for each other. We have made a great life, kept dear friends, survived some ups and downs and even when the road got steep we found that if we helped each other up the slope it was easier in the long run. Maybe we didn't always say the right things or we said the right things but the wrong way but we stuck together.















1 comment:

my life said...

i got all teary eyed reading your post!!
not many people can say they have stuck it out through thick or thin.. In our society it's way to easy to say "I'm done"! YAY for you 2 for not being like!!