Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cassandra's 14th Birthday!

Cassandra turned 14 on November 20th at 9:10 a.m. We survived the first teenage year quite well, I think. We will see how the 2nd year goes ;) Cassandra had a great day despite the fact she shares her birthday with the loss of her Papa. It is funny how time goes, depending on your outlook of the situation. 14 years Cassandra has been with us. One year Mike has been away from us.

What a day.

Cassandra decided she wanted to be at school on her birthday. The rest of us stayed home to have a family day. Shane wanted to keep busy so he and I painted the family room. The kids played and had a relaxing day. I took lunch to Cassandra and her BFF. We all met Andy/Julie & the kids and Shane's step mom at Matta's for dinner that night. It was good to be all together.

Cassandra had a wonderful birthday party weekend ;) Five of her friends came to sleep over. We had pizza, snacks, they roasted marshmallows over an open fire to make S'mores. They finished off with ice cream sundaes. I have never seen 6 girls eat so much!!! All of the girls were very sweet and I was so happy to see Cassandra have nice friends surrounding her. Saturday afternoon the family came over to celebrate and that was a great time too!

Now here I sit, Thanksgiving Eve. The weather has been glorious! Rainy, 50's and 60's during the day. I love not sweating, LOL!!!!!!!  We are going to my parents' house for Thanksgiving this year. I am excited to have stuffing and candied yams. Shane bought a couple of turkey breasts to make for us to have leftovers at hom, I am so glad ;)   I can't wait to start Christmas decorating on Friday! I am getting it all planned out in my head,  hopefully it turns out as well as I see it in  my mind.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: