Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Disneyland October 2013

We kicked off our fabulous fall break with a 5 day visit to Disneyland! We were so excited to go and see all the Halloween decorations! We arrived on Tuesday evening, we walked Downtown Disney, ate a delicious dinner at the Grand Californian's Storyteller Cafe. The service there is amazing and the food was really good too! Our waiter was so sweet and brought me the best cup of coffee. He leaned in and said "I heat the mug before I pour the coffee." It made a difference ;) Each time my cup was empty he brought me a new hot cup! Spoiled much? Yes, I am.

Wednesday we spent in California Adventure. We were determined to ride everything in Cars Land! Shane and I went there in June for our anniversary but the lines were ridiculous and our time was so short that visit. We were at the gates an hour before the park opened, we waited in line just to get a Fastpass for an  hour. No kidding. BUT, the ride was worth it. I don't always say that but it truly was! Disney really put a lot of magic into that one! The whole Cars Land area is just gorgeous, the attention to detail left me speechless more than once. We stood in the regular line for the Cars Racers and then immediately used our Fastpass to ride it again ;) The kids loved it too, we rode it 2 more times during our stay. We liked Luigi's Flying Tires but the surprise hit was the little Tractors that swing around. Holy hell, did I laugh on that one! SO fun!

We spent Thursday at Disneyland, we had reservations at the Blue Bayou for lunch. It was delicious and I love the atmosphere but they keep shrinking down the menu so I think we will take a break from them the next few visits. That will be a good opportunity to try out some other new places or do a character meal instead. We rode all the rides we wanted to, multiple times. The weather was beautiful Wednesday and Thursday and not crowded. That prepared us for Friday night when the flood gates opened! Friday was very windy....which was bad and good. Bad because I don't like wind so hard that I feel like I'm fighting to walk...good because the air movement made the 90+ degrees not so bad. Friday night marked the opening of "Gay Day 2013" for Disneyland and the place was packed! In reality, it was Gay Weekend, as the crowds continued through Sunday. Sadly, by Sunday the winds stopped and the temp was at 96. We still had a great time, the heat and the lines just sorta took the starch out of us. We did have one late night at the park, for fireworks which were awesome!

Haunted Mansion was done up like the Nightmare Before Christmas and it was so amazing! The transformation never ceases to amaze me. The details they change...I will give Disney a lot of credit for that, they go all out!

I will post some starting pictures. Shane took amazing ones as well, I just have to upload them since he isn't as fast at picture sharing as I am :)

No comments: