Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Break is here!

The last day of school was May 26th and we celebrated big! The kids had a great last day. I was able to attend the awards ceremony at Cassandra's school. She received an award for her AR goal and high honors. I was mighty proud of her ;) Savannah received a citizenship award and high honors also! Everyone had a great report card. Sadly, they don't do honor roll participation for 1st grade so Griffin didn't receive anything like that. To celebrate we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2! It was a great movie! We took Cassandra's friend Malorie and my niece Allison. We also had a sleepover that night. My nephew Brandon joined us for that :) All in all, a great kick off to summer!

We started out with a bang and haven't stopped yet. My dad got a tattoo on the 26th also. His first one and it is just beautiful! I'll have to post pictures soon. He went to the same tattoo artist I went to for my first.  We went to my in law's Memorial Day party on Saturday. The kids rode horses and swam in the redneck pool (a horse trough...a never used by an animal horse trough) and did the slip n slide. We partied late at home and then Sunday Cassandra had a little dinner party for my parents. She made homemade pizza and some delicious Weight Watchers Chocolate Espresso cupcakes! OMG, so good!  We grocery shopped together and she did almost all the cooking. She loved it and did a great job!

We had been planning to get the kids a new tv for the playroom after the old one died over a year ago. We decided that with all the good grades and good attitudes going on that it was time to do it. Shane brought them home a 40" tv and blu ray player yesterday. They were just in shock :) It looks great in our freshly painted playroom! They had a great time in the watching movies and Netflix stuff ;) Some of them even camped out in there last night.

Today we are going to my mom's for ribs and all sorts of goodies plus swimming. I hope that you all are having a great memorial day weekend!

No comments: