Sunday, February 27, 2011

Laundry Multiplies

I am realizing something lately. In my house, laundry multiplies. Now, some of you who know me well will snicker at that comment. Your potential lack of surprise that I accuse my laundry of having sex and multiplying is adorable. Now, let's move on...

I don't hate most house chores. Honestly, I find cleaning the house theraputic. I always feel very accomplished when the job is done. I also get a lot of thinking done while I am doing it...I think I could find a way for world peace when I do my spring cleaning in March. I don't mind organizing things, scrubbing floors or purging clutter. What I DO mind is laundry.

Laundry makes me want to barf!

Sadly, I found a large jump in the amount of laundry after the 3rd child. Now, in a family of 6, it is getting uglier day by day. I used to do laundry on weekends. Now I do it at least mid week and weekend. Here is what I don't understand, Cassandra will wear the same pair of jeans 7 days a week if you let her but she changes her shirt 3 times a day if you let her. Why? I just don't get it. Of all the people in this family, Cassandra has the most clothes!

Savannah will wear the same jeans and top to school every day if you let her. I like Savannah ;) I don't LET her wear it every day but I like her way of thinking!

Griffin will only wear certain things in a certain rotation BUT if he pulls something off a hanger and changes his mind it doesn't go back on the hanger. Oh no, it goes into the hamper. I have done his mid week laundry on Wednesday. Hung it all up on Thursday. Walk in to a 3/4 full hamper on Friday. Really. Most of what is in the hamper hasn't touched his skin (in the wearable sense) but merely went from hanger to floor to hamper. I ask hime "why?" "HOW?" and get a shrug usually followed by "I didn't know how to put it back on the hanger."

Alyssa wants to wear pj's 24/7. I like her too!

Shane respects my dislike of laundry so much that he has a system in the closet. There are piles of clothes in varying stages of dirty. There is the "I wear this out back to do work" outfit that stays all week. Followed by the "I wear this when I come home from work" outfit. Next is the "Jeans for some of the week" followed by "Work shirts that didn't get food on them" and then the rest that is hanging up.

So while I know none of this is earthshattering and I know the world has bigger problems, I still find it odd that I can wash the hamper full of clothes and return the next day to more. I swear..when the lights go on in the closet you can cue the bow-chicka-wow-wow music and viola.....the hamper is full 8 hours later.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: