Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy February!

Hello everyone! Hopefully you had a great Valentine's Day :) I did! Well, I suppose I should back up and start at the beginning since my last blog entry.

You know how I kept saying not much was going on? We changed that! Not in the way I intended but we did. February 3rd Alyssa fell off our play pony in the toy room and broke her arm, just above the elbow. She is the first of the 4 kids to break anything so this has all been new to  me. She did amazingly well aside from the xrays (positioning hurt her) and the actual casting the next day (again, bending into place). She doesn't cry about pain and she's adjusting. I admit I have a hell of a time. I want to wrap  her in a bubble and keep her safe. She does have a fantastic doctor though, he went through all my questions and concerns so I'm feeling much better.

There is a terrible upper respitory virus going around both schools (elem and middle school). Cassandra is home sick, she hasn't been this sick in about 5 years. Fever, coughing, sore throat, etc. She's been in bed every day that she's been home.  So far the other kids don't have it *knock on wood* and I'm trying to keep things clean/disinfected.

Griffin is doing great, he has a Disney Musical performance on 2/28. I am so excited! He also has a speaking part so I can't wait to see how he does. He's so brave, I never would have wanted to stand on a stage and speak in front of hundreds LOL.

Shane is good, keeping very busy. He got the backyard fenced, all the rest of our rock in place. Now he's waiting for the weather change to rip up the dirt and try grass seed again. I am thinking 3rd time is a charm! ;)

Our other big news is we got two puppies! OMG! We went on Jan 30th to look at a Queensland Heeler pup for the kids and when we arrived the breeder had a beautiful Great Pyrneese pup (3 months old, 45ish lbs) in with these 7 week old Queensland pups! So when Shane asked the kids "which one do you like?" after a few min of playing with the pups, the kids had theirs picked out and I said "I like this one." (the pyrneese) Now, I never in a million years thought we'd leave with 2 dogs but Shane just smiled and said "Ok, Mommy gets that one, kids pick out a Queensland" and that was it. The Queensland is a little girl, we named her Lena after a book series Cassandra and I are reading. She is SO cute (and that says a lot from me because I do not find Queenslands to be attractive dogs usually LOL). I named my boy Bo. His name was Bear but that just wasn't sitting well for me so I changed it :) They are doing great, potty training is much better now that we can just open the backdoor and let them out in the yard. We were up every 3 hours to walk them in the front yard but dang, it was cold at night! Anyway, they are great and I'm so thankful we got them.

I'll post pics later, I have to run and wake up Savannah and Griffin for school.

XO

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com

fluffyslippers said...

Thank you Teresa, I'll have to write that one down for next time!