Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September Randomness!

First of all, Happy Birthday to my dad! I think he is the big 51 today! :)

September kicks off what we affectionately call "the birthday rush" at our house. We have 2 birthdays (minimum) PER month of either our family or immediate family until March. What does this mean? This means lots of fun celebrations to host or go to and lots of saving up earlier in the year to pay for the kids birthday parties. We don't do extravagant parties but we do nice parties with their friends and family :) We are all looking forward to our San Diego trip in November! I am wondering if we'll have the 80 degree temps we had last time we were there or the 50-60 degree temps we had the previous times? I guess not knowing is part of the fun LOL!

Things are rolling along, we had such a nice week of temps below 100. It spoiled me terribly! Now we are back up to 105, 106. I hope it breaks again soon. September is an odd month that way, back and forth with the temps.

I am healing up from surgery pretty well. I feel better a little every day. I graduated from sleeping in the recliner to sleeping in the bed. That was awesome. I still don't comfortably sleep on my side yet but at least the bed is more comfy and cozy than the recliner was. And the funny thing is the recliner was leaps and bounds better than the hospital bed LOL! I see the doctor on Friday for my clearance to drive, etc. I think they also will check my blood to see if the pancreas and liver enzymes are back where they belong with the stones out now.

The kids are good, busy. Savannah joined school choir. She has practice 3 afternoons each week. They are gearing up to perform at the Grandparent's Day Celebration on Sept 24th. That is also Griffin's actual birthday. It will be a busy day! Cassanda is working on a Geneology project at school. Tonight and Thursday we work on her 3D family tree. On Friday she does a presentation and I'm taking in a family recipe she chose (Pumpkin Bread) and some old family photos that my Great Uncle Joe sent me years ago. He worked on the Frazier side heritage back before it was the cool thing to do. He traced the Fraziers back to the early 1700's and some really neat photos to go with it.  Griffin is good, he has had a bad bout with allergies but he's on a nasal spray and an oral med so he's doing better. Tis the season I guess.

Shane is good, he did very well being "mom" for the week I got home from the hospital! He is back for 1/2 to 3/4 days now since I still can't drive. Work is busy, it's budget time :(

So I have a couple of videos to share if they will upload. One is of Alyssa doing "Piggy to market" on my toes. The other is of her doing her "Fudderwhacken" dance she learned from the Alice in Wonderland movie! I hope you like them.






No comments: