Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More September Fun

Hello!

Well we are keeping ourselves busy and out of trouble (for the most part) around here! School is going well, we only have two weeks until our fall break! I can't wait! Oh, and the kids are really excited too. This is a super busy week, I had Sam's Club shopping yesterday. That is MY first shopping since doctor clearance on Friday. I am sore today from putting everything away. Today is cleaning day. Shane did all the laundry this weekend for me so that was a big help. Wednesday is haircut for me, back to Sam's Club for what I didn't fit on the flatbed cart and shop for our PTO ice cream social! That day is a half day at school so I'll be rushing home, getting kids and then getting homework done and showers before we go to the Family Game/Craft Night, Ice Cream Social at school from 5-7. It should be a lot of fun!

Thursday I have to shop for Griffin's birthday party. His party is Saturday, Star Wars theme. He is pretty excited :) I can't believe he is turning 7. I admit, there were many days I wondered if he'd live to see 5 with a sassy as he is. So, he has surpassed my expectations ;)

Cassandra's class did a big project on Geneology. It was really fun, she wrote stories about her heritage and family recipes, traditions. She made a 3D Family Tree with shamrocks hanging in it with the family names on it. I went to her class for the presentations and brought along the geneology stuff my Great Uncle Joe Frazier had given to me along with some early 1800's pictures. I made my Grandma's pumpkin bread for the class. Mike and Nancy went too, shared some stories as well. Nancy made her family recipe for snickerdoodles :)

Savannah and Griffin are working hard too, we're coming up on parent/teacher conferences soon. Savannah joined school choir and she loves it! The kids are currently in their Percy Jackson and the Olympians phase so they play that ... a lot. It's fun to listen to them though ;)

Shane is good, I think he's glad to have the break from being "me" now. He's still being a big helper though so that is nice. I'm not allowed to lift anything over 15 lbs for 6 weeks so he's got a lot of that duty.

We celebrated my Dad's birthday at Benihana's on Saturday! What a great time :) The kids LOVE that place and our chef was excellent! and so begins the birthday rush....................

Well I have rambled long enough. I will try to get some pictures up soon too.

OXO
wow, I just reread the post and realized how much I repeated from the earlier post :( I'll blame it on post-surgery memory loss LOL

No comments: