Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I know I'm a day early but you never know where the day will take you so I figure I'll say it now in case I don't get back on here tomorrow.

Arizona sure has been having some gorgeous weather! We dropped back down into the upper 60's and low 70's for 4 or so days now. Perfect! We are supposed to get back up in the 80's this week but I won't think about that for now. I just got done boiling our 3 dozen easter eggs. They are all set to color. We are going to my in law's house today to color eggs, ride horses, bikes, etc. Perfect outdoor weather for all that!

Tomorrow we are going to my Mom's house for a ham dinner and I CAN'T WAIT!  We are hoping to make it to church in the morning after the Easter bunny comes. We have yet to make it to an Easter service at our church and I'd like to. I guess we'll see how fast we are all up and moving.

The kids are great, they had a wonderful spring break! We spent the first week outside, riding bikes, playing on the swingset, going to the park and having lots of fun!  The second week I had surgery on the 23rd. For those who don't know, I finally got the boob job I've wanted since I was about 16 years old. Now, for someone who has never even had a tooth pulled, this was a big experience! I know Shane has had 5 surgeries and just sorta skated through all of them like they were "no big deal" but I was a wreck. As much as I wanted to do it, I was scared. I have to admit, Shane was not as excited as I had hoped for  most of the "pre surgery" months. I went to the doctor back in January for my consult. After a few appointments I realized maybe Shane just didn't want me to do this and he finally said he thought I was perfect the way I was but that if it was what I wanted to do, he supported me. Once we went to the doctor together for a "try them on" appointment, he was finally excited for the whole thing!

So surgery went great and I had my mom and Shane there. My mother in law watched the kids for most of the day, my mom took over 2nd shift until Shane and I got home. I don't honestly remember much. I do know, however, that my mom helped so much by taking the kids to her house to do fun stuff so they didn't have to sit around and see their mom in pain (and out of it from medication). That helped save their second week of spring break :) Shane was wonderful too, he took good care of me and good care of the kids when they were home. He worked hard. My mom has driven me everywhere, listened to me moan and groan and cry because my new boobs are in  my throat still rather than where they will eventually be ;) Everyone has been wonderful. I know that recovery isn't supposed to be easy and I have to remind myself of that. However, I am not good at being helpless so I have moments that aren't so pretty still. Hopefully, everyone will agree the moments are fewer than before! So no pictures until the "twins" are where they should be (3 more weeks) and then I'll gladly show off a clothed pic (because sadly, my husband isn't one for the nudie ones! HA!)

So, that is the excitement for us. We are getting back into a routine of sorts and enjoying being together :)

Happy Easter!
Susan

1 comment:

my life said...

how sweet of shane to tell you he loved you the way you were!