Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Me :)






Usually I avoid any sort of attention for my birthday. I don't know exactly why. Sometimes I think it is me exercising my right to not have a party. Our birthday season starts in September and by the time we get to January I am all partied out. I also have a hard time being the center of attention. Sometimes I just feel blue about getting older so I don't really want to "celebrate" the passing of another year. Maybe it's also because I put so much heart and effort into the kids' parties (and Shane when he wants one) that I  have no effort left for my own.

So this year I still didn't want a scheduled get together but I sure have been blessed to have a wonderful, special birthday. I got to start out my day with a wonderful breakfast with my Mom, Sis and Alyssa. We dropped Brittany off at home and mom went with me to the mall to get a top for my hot date with Shane tonight.  That brings me to the 3rd cool part of the day, Mom offered to watch the kids after school so Shane and I can go to a movie and dinner. I can't think of a better birthday present than getting to spend it with my family :)

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes! It means a lot that so many of my family and my friends have taken time to send me emails and messages on Facebook to help me celebrate!

Love you all
Susan

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love you too, babe. Happy Birthday again! :)

The Neally Family said...

I said this before, but so glad you had a nice bday. You look great!