Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Update

Hey everyone!

Well December is flying at lightning speed! We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Mom, Dad and Brittany came to our house this  year since Mom had to work until 4:00. Things went smoothly, everything was cooked, I didn't burn rolls or forget the gravy.

Things have been busy, I was elected PTO Vice President in November and there has been a lot going on! Between community/school outreach programs, spirit nights, family movie nights, etc we really keep ourselves running. It is good though and good for the kids and teachers.

This weekend Cassandra's school choir is performing at the Queen Creek Tree Lighting ceremony. The kids have been practicing hard! Saturday Shane and I have tickets to see the Suns (still NOT the same w/out Raja Bell) and then Sunday we are doing Cassandra's belated birthday party. Shane has to leave Tuesday for his Vegas water conference. He will be back Friday just in time for us to attend the Polar Express movie night at school! That weekend we have dress rehersal for the Church pagent and the actual pagent plus a bday party to attend! Savannah has an upcoming 2nd grade Winter performance the following week. We are going to try to squeeze in Zoolights w/ our friends. My nephew's bday party is the 19th and then we leave for Disneyland the 23rd!

I actually left some stuff out so I wouldn't TOTALLY bore you all but suffice to say, there is a lot going on!

Cassandra got a skateboard from my Mom and Dad for her bday. She loves it although she is still very timid on it. I am sure she'll pick it up quickly as she is determined. Griffin is doing so well on his 2 wheeler and keeps pushing to get his motorcycle. I guess we'll see what Gumpy has to say about that in the future. Other than all that...we are doing well. Alyssa is fully potty trained (even at night) and had her well visit on the 1st. She is in the 90th percentile or higher for height and weight and off the chart for her head size. Go figure. Our doc estimated her vocab somewhere around a 3.5 year old. She is still amazing me with her counting, colors, shapes, etc. She loves watching Ni-Hao Kai Lan and Dora so now she knows some Mandarin Chinese and Spanish words too. It's crazy to hear her tell me "thank you" in Chinese sometimes. Fun though! She likes going to PTO stuff with me and she's quite a hit at school. Savannah's teacher has adopted her as an honorary 2nd grader when we go to class. She loves him a bunch!

Well I guess I had better scoot, I hope you are all well and enjoying your holiday season!

Love to all~
Susan

No comments: