Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok, I know it's technically the night before Thanksgiving but hey...I'm early.

Ya, it's going to be one of those posts where I get all sentimental so just be ready!

I know a lot of people are having a hard time finding things to be thankful for nowadays. I am friends with some of tose people. They have lost jobs, lost homes, lost family members or friends. They have lost a sense of stability in their life and they don't know what is coming next..or from where. In the middle of all the chaos and hardships I am constantly reminded of the blessings I have in my life. Sometimes the smallest blessings are the ones that keep you going. So here is my list, in no particular order of everything I am thankful for this year (and every year of course)

*I am thankful for 4 healthy, happy, intellegent and humorous kids
*I am thankful to have a husband who loves me more now than he did 18 years ago.
*I am thankful that said husband still gives me tingles when he comes home from work
*I am thankful that Alyssa has heard my greeting to Shane when he comes home so many times now that she too yells "There's my SEXY BOY" when her daddy comes in the door from work :)
*I am thankful that I have my parents and my sister close by
*I am thankful that I have the mom I have
*I am thankful for our home and that Shane has a good job
*I am thankful for my online friends, you know who you are...my Babycenter friends who I've been chatting with since September 2006 and my overseas friends I've been chatting with since 2001.
*I am thankful for the school that the kids go to, the amazing teachers they have and the principal we have. I love that I feel safe and secure when I drop them off in the morning
*I am thankful that although I am on weight watchers and working hard on a "better me" I have a husband who has never said anything other than I am beautiful and how much he loves me
*While it's sometimes hard to up with something positive when I think about having lost my grandma, at least I had 28 years with her. although I wish I had gotten many more.
*I am thankful for my sense of humor. Of course, sometimes it is twisted and wrong but at least I have it!
*I am thankful and comforted in the knowledge that I have friends who love me and family who want to be around  me for more reasons than 'we are family'
*I am thankful for my friends at church because I had pretty much figured that I'd never find a church where I felt I belonged or felt comfortable. I have found both.

much love and blessings to you all on Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love ya lots. I'm blessed to have you as a dear friend.

fluffyslippers said...

i love you too becky <3