Thursday, November 19, 2009

Greetings from San Antonio!

Hello everyone!

I don't have pics uploaded yet but when we get home to AZ I will get them on here. We are having a fantastic time in SA! It looks totally different than I imagined. The weather is gorgeous, we hit maybe 70 during the day and the nights are chilly. The kids love love love the River Walk! We didn't bring a stroller because Alyssa won't ride in it anyway and she is doing amazing :)

Day One: Tuesday we got in and had dinner at the Republic of Texas Restaraunt. It was delicious! They are very friendly here. We walked  a good portion of the River Walk too. It was dark and chilly but everyone loved it. They are putting up Christmas decorations right now. Nothing is lit but it sure will be a sight when it is all done.

Day Two: Wednesday we went to the Alamo. I wish I had paid more attention in history and geography in school. I knew very little about the Alamo but I learned a lot. It is a beautifully maintained site, They have amazing artifacts from jewelery, guns, knives, missionary jewels, uniforms, pottery, etc. The gardens that surround the site are equally as beautiful. There is a live oak tree that was transplanted on the site in 1912 when it was 40 years old (the tree) and it is amazing to see. We took some great pictures. Fountains, flowers, greenery...I wish I were a better writer to give it justice. I'll let the pics do the talking.

We also went to the zoo on Wednesday. It is a very nice zoo. Very kid friendly, lots of hands on, kid activities to do. The trees and foliage are just breathtaking. We couldn't have asked for better weather. All the animals were out, some very upclose. I swear we could have touched the anteater in his pen if he had just stuck his nose up to our hand on the fence! I also saw some animals I've never seen at any other zoo.

We had to make an emergency stop at a shoe store for Alyssa, poor little girl. Her shoes must have been too small because she rubbed a terrible blister on her toe. Sure enough, we got measured, she's a size 9 now and she got new shoes. She never said a word after that!

We had an amazing dinner at Morton's Steakhouse. Look it up if you get a chance, taking 4 kids their age to that place was a little nerve-wracking but we made it through with NO spills, breaks, accidents or meltdowns. We were given many compliments on the kids' manners and behavior. Considering all the board members for Shane's work were there...that was a big pat on the back.

Well I have more to tell but the natives are restless. Today is the barge tour on the River and Cassandra's Ghost Tour tonight. Who knows what we'll get into inbetween!

XO
Susan

No comments: