Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Savannah

Well 8 years ago today I was in labor still. What a surprise you were, coming 3 weeks early! You do like to make an entrance, that has not changed a bit. I remember it like it was yesterday (I know, I say that a lot but it's true.) You had everyone on their toes since you decided to come the weekend we were moving into our new house. No hospital bag packed,  no baby clothes out of storage, no crib put together. Nothing. Nada. Zip. And yet, we survived. I remember coming in the front door with you in my arms and we asked Cassandra (not quite 2 yet) "Do you know who this is?" and she said "Yep, dat my cubby bear!" and you have been our cubby ever since. You were the most thoughtful newborn,  you slept 5 hours at a time from birth. You were a spunky little girl and that hasn't changed either. I love your smile, your beautiful blue eyes, your freckles, your ability to quote movie scenes as well as I do. I love that when you give a hug it is with your whole heart and soul. You are so passionate which I know has good and bad. You go from OK to PISSED in under 10 seconds flat but you are so cute when you're angry, it doesn't matter.

You are a wonderful sister, a wonderful daughter and a wonderful friend. Yes, even at "only" 8 years old..you are my friend. I love you my cubby bear.


XO, Mom

No comments: