Saturday, August 1, 2009

So we survived the first 3 days of school!

Here we are! Survivors of the first week of school. (Technically 3 days but whatever)

The girls both had a great week. Light on the homework (yay!) and big on fun and doing fun activities. Mr. K dressing up like Capt. Barbossa. Savannah's class made "friendship salad" which was a fruit salad, each type of fruit being significant in some way. Griffin came home daily telling me how much he loved school and how bored he was in the afternoon at home. After 2 days of that I wondered if I had made the wrong decision to put him in 1/2 day. I mean, it seemed that he was ready for more intensive activities at school. Us playing at home wasn't really appeasing him or his need for busy-ness I guess. So after thinking it over, talking it over with Shane we moved him to an all day K class with a wonderful teacher. Ms. C. I thought Griffin would be thrilled...he was when we told him about it but actually going there on Friday was a different story. My oh my we had some major meltdowns which put me into a complete downward spiral on what to do. I thought I had done him wrong by putting him in 1/2 day and now he's in full day falling apart so had I wronged him again. What to do, what to do.

I went to have lunch with him because I promised I would. I had lots of supportive teachers and staff talking to me about it. Cassandra's teacher came up, put his hand on my shoulder and said with a smile "Cassandra says you're having trouble letting go today..." and I had to laugh. To save you all the horrifying details he did fine as long as I wasn't in eyeshot. He loved the bus ride home with his sisters and he loved the afternoon activities. So I guess we can say he's a happy, official all day kindgergartener! Now I just have to get used to it LOL ;-)

Cassandra went to see a movie with her BFF Brooke on Friday night. Brooke's dad and I went to HS together and his wife is just a hoot! Cassandra and Brooke are in Mr. K's class together. I think Brooke has convinced Cassandra to run for student council too. I feel things getting busier all of a sudden!

PTO starts the 17th. Sunday school teacher training is the 9th, Sunday school starts up the 16th as does the Youth Group nighttime monthly meetings AND the parents support group. Hmmm. We'll see if I can keep up with it all. Shane usually took Cassandra to youth group but I think I'd like to go to the parent group that goes on at the same time as Youth Group. I'm ready for Sunday School to start....I missed some of my kiddos there and the 2 ladies I teach with.

Other than that it is hot as hell still. Not much else to report!

Take care!
XO

2 comments:

my life said...

Carter sounds so much like Griffin! He does wonderful if I am not in eyeshot as well.. Makes me wonder how it will go this year when I go in for volunteer time??

How did you react to the teachers comment??

so the question is what are you & miss alyssa doing all day??

fluffyslippers said...

kristy~i wonder too when i volunteer. i guess i'll have to tell him as long as there are no tears i'll come in to help out when i can. we'll see.

i love mr. k so i took his comment very well and it is true. i just smiled and said "well you know how i am" and he does ;-)

me and miss alyssa are keeping busy. it is a strange strange adjustment. i've never had only one kid and NOT been working. so this is sorta .... weird. i'm going to join a mom's club, i've got WW and then i'll be exercising more w/ no excuses LOL. we'll keep busy i'm sure.

xo