Thursday, July 23, 2009

The End is Near.....

Some brain bag years ago coined the phrase "all good things must come to an end" and so here we go again with the end of summer break.

Yes, I know I am the freak who enjoys having everyone home for the summer and I am the freak who cries when they go back to school. I do love having everyone home for many reasons. I want them home for me (selfish, I know) and I want them home for each other. Despite the minor disagreements, they get along very well. They like to do things together. I love to watch them build forts in the playroom or play family or pirates. Maybe part of it is the fascination because I didn't have that as a kid. Who knows but I am sad to see it be done already. 9 weeks of summer break isn't nearly long enough!

So it's still hot as hell and we've got school supplies to get and new shoes. Oh and the ever important backpacks also. This is Griffin's first year at school. He has 1/2 day kinder. I found out from the girls' kinder teacher/Griffin's preschool teacher that his new teacher is a cowgirl with horses so hopefully that will be something Griffin feels comfortable with. Cassandra is giong into 4th and has the same teacher she had last year. He is teaching a 3rd/4th combo class. Savannah got a male teacher as well but she seems totally fine with it so that's good.

We're getting ready to enter the "birthday rush" season starting in September. I don't know what we're doing yet for Griffin's 6th bday because he is a little wishy-washy when we talk about it. So we have my dad and Griffin in September, Savannah in October, Shane and Cassandra in November.

My friend Dee is coming from Australia for another visit in early October! I guess we've rubbed off on her :-) Since it should be cooler a little ("should" being the key word here) I am hoping to get her to the Phoenix Zoo and maybe some other outdoor places. We are going to San Antonio in November the week of Cassandra's birthday. I am excited! It looks like there are a lot of things to do. Nighttime Ghost Tours, Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, Wax Museum, 6 Flags, downtown has a little mini-amusement park for kids, the Riverwalk...Then we have Disneyland for the week of Christmas. We are counting down the days to that! The plan is to take a couple of years off from going to Disneyland so we can save up for Disney World. That is going to be soooooooooooooo hard! But worth it, I'm sure.

So we're just hanging low, trying to keep cool and survive the beginning of school. I hope everyone is doing great!

xo

No comments: