Tuesday, May 12, 2009

random update and weird pics!

ok so the title says it all!


i was fiddling with my camera today and realized i never take a picture facing this direction in the house so i did it today LOL. no big whoop, i know but i did it just because! :-P

ok so this is my beautiful mother's day bracelet on my very hairy arm! it is yellow topaz for cassandra (nov), pink tourlimane (spelling?) for savnnah (oct), blue sapphire for griffin (sept) and light amethyst for alyssa (june). i love it! they are crystals and silver beads.
we had a nice mother's day weekend! saturday was my niece's 6th bday so we went to her party. it was very nice and the kids had a blast! my sister in law did a cupcake-cake which was brilliant because there is no mad dash to cut cake and scoop ice cream, you just pull off the cupcakes and serve! i may put that in my brain reserve for the upcoming birthday rush season!
after the party shane and the kids took me to blue adobe mexican restaraunt for my mother's day dinner. it was awesome! i had a green chile beef chimichanga. whenever i order a chimichanga i can hear that part in the movie 'meet the fockers' where barbara striesand is saying 'if you want a chimichanga then make a chimichanga!' which cracks me up. i'm weird, i know! shane also got me a 'bouquet' from edible arrangements. for those who don't know...edible arrangements are flowers made out of delicious fruit. they also do chocolate dipped strawberries and such which were in my arrangement too. holy hell it was sooooooooooo good!
my mom/dad/sis got me an awesome disney ready made scrapbook that i just had to put pictures in! it was so nice to finally scrapbook!
on sunday shane had to leave for a biz trip to vegas. so he left around 11:00. it was a very unusual mothers day in that regard. so the kids and i hung out until it was time to go meet my mom/dad/sis for dinner. we had a great time! dinner was really good. the kids were soooo good we went to dairy queen afterwards.
we have 10 days of school left. i can't wait! i signed up to help out with vacation bible school again this year. this coming sunday is my last sunday school class for summer break. i am going to get my project together for the kids to do. we are having them assemble a rainbow on a big white sheet of paper. then we cut out pots of gold that say "the best thing i learned in sunday school this year is..." and then they pick the pot that says their fav thing. i'm doing goodie bags for them too. i have to get my stuff for that. we're making ice cream sundays with sprinkles so we can remind them god's love is sprinkled throughout their life. corny i know but cool i hope!
the kids are doing great. shane is back from vegas. we got the goat sold. she is going to a breeding farm in california. she'll be leaving june 16th. cassandra is now fine with it since she knows holly gets to go be a mom :-)
i guess that is it for us. we have about 4 weeks until alyssa's 2nd birthday but i'm getting all that organized too :-)
susan



1 comment:

Sheri said...

OK you just put me in a panic because Trey has a June birthday too. I should probably start thinking about that too! Love your blog! OH and feel free to take Cameron home after loading him up with sprinkles and ice cream ;)