Sunday, December 14, 2008

Myra Ellen Frazier Bossie 2/4/30 to 12/14/02

Sadly enough, the anniversary of my grandma's passing coincides with Alyssa's 18 month 'bday'

Today is a day I remember all too well, like it was just yesterday. My grandma was more than a grandma to me, she was like a second mom. Sometimes that was a good thing, sometimes it was a PITA! Because we all know that having ONE mom is usually more than enough! LOL.

Seriously though, my grandma could be a lot of fun. She liked to go places, loved to travel. She loved her family more than anything. Any of us can tell you that making a Christmas list wasn't a list of suggestions in her mind, it was a list to be purchased completely in order for you to have a happy holiday. She loved to decorate. Every holiday was a big deal. I try to do that for my family too because I know how special it was for me growing up around her with those ideals.

My grandma only knew Cassandra and Savannah. The girls were 3 and 14 months when she passed. I have lots of pictures and stories but I wish that she could be here with them..and me. She loved to cook, bake really. When I watch Savannah practice her Food Network moves I always think of my grandma and what a kick she would have gotten out of that. I know Griffin would have been a big deal too because he is one of the two great-grandsons she never got to meet. Boys were scarce in our family so he would have been quite the token prize LOL. And I can just hear her in my mind with Alyssa too. It is hard to know they missed out on so much with her.

I miss having her to listen to me when i'm down or when i have a problem. i miss her advice or just her way of saying it will all be ok. I know that when I lost the baby in May she would have known what to say but she wasn't here to do that. So before I ramble on forever I will just say that our loss is heaven's gain and I know she's watching out for us all. I also know that she loved Christmas with all her heart and the spirit of giving was truly hers. I remember sitting in Hospice with my mom and the girls when the song "Where are you Christmas" was playing on her radio and how the words rang too true. I also remember coming home on the 14th with my mom, having lunch and we were going back to hospice to sit with her when that song was playing again and we got the call that she was gone. So Mamaw, I miss you..every day, still.

Love, Myra Susan ;-)

Where are you Christmas?
Why can't I find you?Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter, you used to bring me?
Why can't I hear music play?
My world is changing.I'm rearranging.
Does that mean Christmas changes, too?
Oh Where are you Christmas?
Do you remember,the one you used to know?
I'm not the same one.
See what the time's done?
Is that why you have let me go?
Christmas is here. Everywhere, Christmas is here. If you care,
If there is love in your heart and your mind you will feel like Christmas all the time!
I feel you Christmas.
I know I've found you. You'll never fade away.
The joy of Christmas Stays here inside us and Fills each and every heart,with love Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love

No comments: