Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy thanksgiving!

happy thanksgiving to all our family and friends!

it is a beautiful, chilly day here in arizona. we had a nice cloudy day all day yesterday with rain off and on all day. we were even lucky to get rain last night and some thunder too! the weather guy says rain today and a cool 65 degrees. i hope he's right. i love cool/cold weather. it's nice to have thanksgiving dinner without your air conditioner running ;-)

it has been an amazing year. mostly ups, some major downs but through all of it i am reminded how thankful i am for what i have and who is in my life. because, without them it wouldn't really be a life worth having.

i am thankful for....
*waking up every morning to the faces i love
*kissing the love of my life every morning and every night (and every chance inbetween)
*having my mom, dad and sister 2 streets away
*my mom being one year cancer free
*my sister straight A's in college
*having beautiful, smart, loving, imaginative, HILARIOUS children who make me laugh every day.
*having the sense to let go of the small stuff
*having a sister in law like julie
*aunt brenda for checking on me and always making me laugh. and always calling me "pervert" when the moment calls for it ;-)
*having the friends that i have~you know who you are...oldest and dearest
*knowing that i am flawed but being loved so much anyway
*being home with the kids and enjoying precious moments i can never get back
*being me ;-)

there are always things we wish we could change or take back or do over. i am no different.
i wish my grandma was here. i wish it every day. this time of year was "her time" to do the things she loved..cook and shop! i miss her so much.
and to my angel baby~there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think of you and wish that you were here with us.

happy thanksgiving everyone
xoxooxox
susan

2 comments:

my life said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susan!!
You have been through a lot this year but how wonderful you see the blessings that you still have before you! Keep you eyes and heart fixed on those beautiful children that you have!

Tracibub said...

Love the new Christmas layout! :)

I'm thankful for my friend, Susan, and all her kids, who make me laugh!